"Me Style" Ragout Rissole

Friday, May 23, 2008

Photobucket

By the time you are reading this post, I will be on my way to our new home (thanks to scheduled posting!). New home, new town, new job, new friends, new resolution for better future...
It is tiring to pack up and arrange every thing, yet it is exciting to know how life can be in a new place. We have been praying for it for the whole year and yes God gives us direction clearly.
Now back to food matter...I made this rissole just to finish up all that I had left in my kitchen. Since I did not have chicken meat left, I just used fish cake.

Ingredients:

To make skin:
- 150g wheat flour/all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 350ml milk
- salt
- 1 Tbsp melted margarine

Mix all the above ingredients, if needed blend it in a blender, just like what I did to get an even mixture. Prepare a nonstick-pan by heating it on a stove. Then pour just a little bit of the mixture and distribute it evenly on the surface to get a thin pancake-liked layer. Cook it for sometimes, do not overcook. Do it again and again until all is done and you got enough layer of skin. Put it aside.


Photobucket

To make ragout:
- 1/2 block fish cake, cut into small cubes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots, peel off the skin, wash and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 can of sweet peas
- 2 green onion, chop thinly
- 250ml fresh milk
- 4Tbsp of wheat flour
- 1tsp of ground white pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- salt
- sugar
- oil for saute

In a pan, saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add carrot and fish cake cubes, stir it while cooking for 3minutes. Add fresh milk, pepper, nutmeg, salt and sugar and continue to cook until boiling. Add sweet peas and then wheat flour and stir it instantly until thicken.

To make batter:
- 1egg, beat it
- 70gr of breadcrumbs

Take one skin and place it on a cutting board. Take 1Tbsp of ragout and put it in the middle of the skin surface. Roll in the skin to form an envelope shape. Deep in the egg and then roll over breadcrumbs until all covered. Do it again and again until all is done. Deep fry it in hot oil under medium low heat until golden brown. Serve it warm with fresh chili paddy or chili sauce.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me drool like crazy! I think I have to take my lunch early....

I'm writing because I think you would be perfect for our Dove Camapaign here at Matchstick.ca...

Send me an email if you want to hear more please.

michelle@matchstick.ca

Thanks!

Bianca's and Jordan's Mom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino